Protect yourself financially against an accident or an illness, which could prevent you from doing your job as a pilot. Whether the accident or illness occurs at work or outside of work, temporary or a permanent disability. With Pilot Insurance, benefits are payable regardless of your ability to carry out any other occupation in the aviation field or in another profession.
Our Advisor can offer comprehensive, competitive coverage that is available to airline pilots, commercial pilots, and flight instructors and you can also include optional short-term disability cover with your income protection policy if you wish.
Key benefits of pilot income protection
Temporary Total Disability
- Monthly income benefit of up to 75% of certified gross earnings
- Benefit period 24 months
- Deferred period 90 days
Permanent Total Disability
- Lump sum choice of 1x, 2x, 3x or 4x times annual salary
- Payable after 24 months continued disability
- Paid out when there is no prospect of an improvement in condition
- Own occupation definition
- Benefits payable regardless of your ability to carry out any other occupation in the aviation field or other profession
Include optional short-term disability cover with your Pilot Income Protection if you wish.
Short-term disability insurance
Start receiving disability benefit after just 28 days and bridge the income gap between being unable to work and receiving your temporary total disability benefit. Particularly suitable for newly qualified pilots with training loan repayments to make.
- Minimum deferred period 28 days
- Maximum benefit of 60% of certified gross earnings
- Benefit period 90 days – inclusive of deferred period
If you are a pilot and would like to find out more and receive a quote BOOK A CALL TODAY and an Advisor will be in contact